New This Season: Winter High School Prep
This program will create a safe environment to prepare athletes for their spring sports season and reduce the risk of injury by focusing on improving mobility, coordination, speed, strength, and conditioning. Sessions will include a proper warm up, speed and power mechanics, strength training, and conditioning. Exercises will be modified for each athlete to best meet their needs and goals regardless of the spring sport being played. This is also a great opportunity to learn how to workout safely and effectively or for injured athletes to continue their recovery and return to sport when ready. Pre and post program assessments will be done to track progress and supplementary workouts will be provided for athletes looking to do additional work at home.
- Open to Rec and Travel Players born in 2008, 2007, 2006, 2005, and 2004
- 9 weeks: December 5th through February 17th (No sessions will be held the weeks of December 19th and December 26th)
- Location: Indoor - Capstone Performance Training (3431 Carlin Springs Road), 5:00-6:00pm
ADP Winter Ball Mastery Clinics
Winter is a great time for our ADP players to continue to develop and improve their skills. This winter ADP Ball Mastery clinic will focus on 1v1 skills and ball mastery. Some of the topics will include dribbling away from pressure with the ball, individual and small group attacking & defending (1v1, 2v1, 2v2, 3v2) scenarios. Finally, small-sided games and tournaments will be played during the clinic to keep players engaged and having fun . These sessions will be high intensity and fast paced to enable players to become more confident and creative with the ball at their feet.
- Mondays 5:00 - 6:15 pm (U9 - U12)
- Location : Long Bridge Park (outdoors)
- 6 sessions: January 9, 16, 23, 30. February 6, 13.
Winter Weeknight Performance Training (Outdoor)
This program will improve an athlete’s coordination, body control, speed, agility, explosiveness, and conditioning through fun exercises and games that keep the athletes engaged and moving. The soccer ball will be incorporated with speed work to help fully prepare the athlete for the spring season. In addition, field awareness and decision making will be a critical component of the program, which will challenge each athlete to continuously evaluate the best option when on the field. Sessions will include a proper warm up, speed mechanics, jumping mechanics, speed activities/games, and small sided games with the ball.
- Open to Rec / ADP/ Travel Players born in 2014, 2013, 2012, and 2011
- Monday through Thursday (options for 1 day per week or two days per week)
- Monday and Tuesday - Long Bridge Park (5:30 - 6:30 pm) Wednesday at TJ Upper, Thursday at Barcroft
- 10 weeks: December 5th through February 23rd (No sessions will be held the weeks of December 19th and December 26th)
Arlington Soccer GK Academy
U9 - U10: We want to make the position fun and desirable. This is a specialized position and not for every person. A goalkeeper must have the physicality and athleticism to cover a big area. They must be mentally strong, brace and be a natural leader. They also need to have the technical ability of a field players. We need to start young to develop and identify the right person to become a goalkeeper.
U11-U12: We will be building on the fundamentals mastered at U9 & U10 and become more specialized with painting the picture of game situations goalkeepers face. These sessions will also focus on covering a bigger range in goal as well as increasing the range of coverage behind a backline. Learning to command the 18-yard box and further. We will also begin to add the mental preparation needed for the position and building communication and leadership skills.
U13-U14: Dealing with “big goal” problems and how to manage the goalkeeper’s area while they continue to grow and develop. Functional and game related practices, small-sided games and decision making will also be a primary focus to build a more tactical understanding of the position
- Open to Rec, ADP and Travel
- Location: Virginia Highlands (outdoors)
- U9-U10: 5-6 pm
- U11-U12: 6-7pm
- U13-U14: 7-8 pm
- 6 weeks: January 6, 13, 20, 27, February 3, 10