SEE BELOW IN RED FOR NEW REFEREE TRAINING!
Refereeing with Arlington Soccer Association is an excellent way to get introduced to refereeing in an environment focused on development and learning. Become an expert at rules of the game, get some exercise, give back to the soccer community, develop confidence and leadership skills, and make some money! If you are interested in becoming an Arlington Soccer referee, we want to hear from you!
MORE REFEREES ARE NEEDED!
- Arlington Soccer will need NEW REFEREES for the Fall 2019/Spring 2020 Rec season - it does not matter if you are already certified or not. We are looking for kids 8th grade and above to start this season!
- We will TRAIN new refs to enable you to referee second-grade Rec games for $16/game. The training is free and will be offered in early September. Please sign up now to be contacted when this free training is next offered.
- If you are already USSF8 certified, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to get on our list of referees
- Our training is a great way to break into refereeing NOW and start earning money and experience NOW.
- ALSO, if you are already an Arlington Soccer referee and then get your USSF8 OR re-certify for your USSF8, we will refund you the cost of the training!
- You only have to do ten Arlington Soccer games with us in one season to get refunded. (Games refereed with Tarey Houston do not count, unfortunately.)
WE NEED MORE REFEREES to cover all our games.
ARL’s Referee Assignor: With 14 years’ experience, Tarey Houston is ARL's soccer referee assignor for our club’s CCL, ODSL, REC (7th/8th and HS) and NCSL games. She will also be the assignor for our yearly soccer tournaments as well.
Want to Become a New Certified Referee?
In order to become a certified referee (to work games in No. VA and DC), you will need to become certified through the United States Soccer Federation (USSF).
How to Register for a New Grassroots Referee Class:
To register for a new Grassroots referee class in the state of VA, follow the instructions below:
(1) Go to: https://mdcvasrp.omgtsys.com/AvailableClinics.aspx
(2) Click on the “Please select” window to open the list of referee class options.
(3) Select ENTRY -- Never Been a USSF Referee before.
- Click on the Info link to view more information about a specific class.
- Click on the Register link to register for the new Referee Grassroots class you want to attend.
- NOTE THIS 02-22-20 TRAINING - ARLINGTON - IN THE LISTINGS!
(4) Fill out the registration form.
- Check this webpage often as new classes will continue to be added throughout the year.
- You can register to attend any referee class listed that fits your schedule best.
- You will be required to re-certify as a referee each new year.
- The fee for the new Grassroots referee class is $80.
IMPORTANT NOTE: When selecting a referee class, please allow yourself adequate time to complete the online learning modules before attending the new Grassroots referee class. The online modules must be completed a few days before the referee class is scheduled to be held.
Referee training is divided into two parts:
- Field training - 4 hours
- Classroom training - 3 hours
Want to be Assigned ARL Games?
Tarey utilizes www.gameofficials.net as her online referee assigning tool. This is where you will find the list of available ARL (and other) games and how you will be assigned games. You will need to join Tarey's www.gameofficials.net group to have access to this information.
Once you become certified or if you are already certified, please contact Tarey (at email@example.com) to request to be added to Tarey's online referee group. Joining Tarey’s online referee group does not obligate you to work games. You will always be able to select the games (ex. date, time, and location) you want to work.
Closer to the start of each season, you can opt to be pre-assigned games for the entire season, or you can pick up games from the weekly available game lists that Tarey will post and send by email. If you need instructions on how to use the www.gameofficials.net system, Tarey can provide them.
Tarey Houston can be reached as follows:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 301-702-2771
Anyone interested in becoming a referee can email Tarey Houston at email@example.com for more instructions/information.
Arlington Soccer normally only accepts and trains new referees who are in 8th grade and older. If you are an adult seeking to get involved or looking for referee training, please visit vadcsoccerref.com for registration and class information.