SUPER Y 2022 TRYOUT INFORMATION
Players born in years 2008- 2012 are invited to attend tryouts for the 2022 season regardless of club affiliation. Tryouts are free but all players must register in advance.
If your player cannot attend one of the tryouts or has questions about playing 'up' in an older age group, please contact the Super Y League Director - Mo Tayari.
Club & League Safety
- Safety of players comes first and we will continue to reinforce the safety protocol.
- Before we play any game, each club will have to agree/apply the safety protocol.
2 practices per week. importance of the practices:
- Soccer specific training and fitness
- More touches on the ball
- Organized and individual and team development in a competitive setting
- Get a jump start on the fall season in learning a new format and staying involved with your club.
Player Flexibility: We understand it’s summertime and that you can’t make all of the sessions. Playing time is not affected.
Challenge levels: Teams will play in the upcoming Fall 2022 season format
- 2012 will play 9v9
- 2011 will play 9v9
- 2010 will play 11v11
- 2009 will play 11v11
- 2008 will play 11v11
If the Arlington Soccer coaching staff assesses teams and determines that they must be challenged more, we will make the appropriate decision and have them play up.
Refund policy: If there are league cancellations due to covid or other league-wide cancellations, fees will be refunded in full.
PLEASE NOTE: The Super Y League age groups for the 2022 season reflect the players age groups for the 2022-23 regular season, e.g. a player born in 2011 will be in the U12 age group for Super Y, not U11. Your player will automatically be placed in the proper age group based on the birth year you enter at registration.
PLEASE READ the following for important details regarding tryouts (información en Español aquí).
- Your player’s tryout ID # will be provided when s/he checks in at the field on the day of the tryout.
- Players SHOULD NOT wear or bring any club-specific uniform or gear (e.g. jersey, shorts, warm-up, backpack, etc.) to the tryout. Please have your child wear a white shirt and dark shorts.
- If your player has a regular practice scheduled at the same time as the tryout, please have them go directly to the tryout field. Again, players should not wear any club-specific gear.
- Please come to tryouts at least 15 minutes early to check in.
- Please attend as many tryout sessions as possible.
- Please have your child wear shin guards (mandatory), dress appropriately for the weather and bring a soccer ball and water.
Tryout registration will not close. If you register within 48 hours of your tryout, please bring your confirmation sheet with you to the field as we may not have you on our list. Unregistered players will need to register on their mobile device at the field prior to the start of the tryout.
** Registrants will receive notification of any schedule changes or weather related cancellations no more than 1.5 hours prior to the session.
NOTIFICATION OF RESULTS: All players will be contacted within 2 weeks of the final tryout session. All players will receive an email - regardless of whether or not they are selected for the team. If you have any questions, please email email@example.com
If you have any questions regarding Super Y tryouts please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
TRYOUT SCHEDULE - 2022
(note: Make-up sessions are only scheduled if a session is canceled.)
|Birth Year||Gender||Tryout # 1||Tryout #2|
|2012||Boys||Jan 26: 6:15 -7:30 pm - Greenbrier||Feb 9 6:15 - 7:30 pm - Greenbrier|
|2011||Boys||Jan 27: 5:30-6:45 ** - LBP #1||Feb 10: 5:30-6:45** pm - LBP # 1|
|2010||Boys||Jan 27: 6:45 - 8:00 pm** - LBP #1||Feb 10: 6:45 - 8:00 **pm - LBP # 1|
|2009||Boys||Jan 24: 6:30 - 7:45 pm - Greenbrier||Feb 7: 6:30 - 7:45 pm - Greenbrier|
|2008||Boys||Jan 24: 6:30 - 7:45 pm - Greenbrier||Feb 7: 6:30 -7:45 pm - Greenbrier|
** recent change due to permit changes.
|Birth Year||Gender||Tryout # 1||Tryout #2|
|2012||Girls||Feb 3: 5:00 - 6:15 pm - VAH||Feb 17: 5:00- 6:15 pm - VAH|
|2011||Girls||Feb 2: 6:15 - 7:30 pm - LBP # 4||Feb 16: 6:15 - 7:30 pm - LBP #4|
|2010||Girls||Feb 3: 6:15 - 7:30 pm - VAH||Feb 17: 6:15 - 7:30 pm - VAH|
|2009||Girls||Feb 2: 5:00 - 6:15 pm - VAH||Feb 16: 5:00 - 6:15 pm - VAH|
|2008||Girls||Feb 2: 5:00 - 6:15 pm - VAH||Feb 16: 5:00 - 6:15 pm - VAH|
- Greenbrier - 5201 North 28th Street.
- VAH - Virginia Highlands - 1600 S. Hayes Street
- WMS - Williamsburg MS - 3600 N Harrison Street
- LBP - Long Bridge Park - 475 Long Bridge Drive