Capitalizing in part on many years of experience with the Spring Travel Tournament (the ASIST) as well as the quantity of artificial turf fields in Arlington, we will again host our 6th Annual Fall Rec Tournament during the weekend of November 18-19, 2017. This is a great way for teams to finish off their Rec seasons. And unless we get a lot of snow (highly unlikely!), the games are guaranteed to proceed as scheduled.
- November 18-19, 2017—Boys and Girls U9-U14 (3rd -8th grades)
- Teams are flighted using grades/old USSF age groups NOT THE NEW BIRTH YEAR GROUPS
U9 – 3rd grade August 1, 2008 – July 31, 2009
U10 – 4th grade August 1, 2007 – July 31, 2008
U11 – 5th grade August 1, 2006 – July 31, 2007
U12 – 6th grade August 1, 2005– July 31, 2006
U13 – 7th grade August 1, 2004 – July 31, 2005
U14 – 8th grade August 1, 2003 – July 31, 2004
- Team fees ($25 discount for applications received and paid in full before 10/17):
- $475 for U9-U10 (3rd and 4th grades)
- U9-U9 will play 7v7
- $500 for U11-U12 (5th through 8th grades)
- U11-U12 will play 9v9
- $550 for U13-U14 (7th through 8th grades)
- U13-U14 will play 11v11
- Guaranteed 3 games for each team
- Awards for Champions and Finalists
- Game sites
- Exclusive use of synthetic turf fields allow the competition to take place in the event of rain or wet ground conditions.
The Arlington Recreational Tournament (ART) will feature up to 100 teams in the U9 through U14 (3rd grade-8th grade) age groups. Most of the teams will be from Arlington Soccer, with the others coming from DC Stoddert, Alexandria Soccer Association and possibly other local clubs. Each team will get 3 games guaranteed. With space for only 8 teams per gender and per age group, we expect this tournament to fill up. Interested coaches should work with their teams soon to determine interest in participation. Any net profits from ART tournament fees will go towards Arlington Soccer’s Rec Soccer financial aid program, thus helping kids in need enjoy more soccer!
Please contact Tournament Director, Jerry Ellison with any questions.